Things we can help you with…
- APPLYING TO THE RIGHT DRAMA SCHOOL?
- Not all drama schools are the same. We will help you make informed choices about which schools and courses best suit your needs, enabling you to find a place where you’ll feel most at home to do your best work.
- WHEN TO APPLY?
- So often, applicants trip themselves up before they’ve even entered the race. We will give you all the necessary information regarding how and when to apply, to ensure you are able to organise and prepare effectively.
- LEARNING FROM REJECTION?
- Acting is a notoriously competitive profession. Learning how to deal with the inevitable knocks and set backs is vital. We can offer advice about dealing with disappointment, how to keep positive, and ultimately, how to turn rejection into an advantage.
- WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR AUDITION
- If it’s your first time applying, the auditions themselves can be somewhat of a mystery. Our professional tutors will give you all the inside knowledge about your audition, enabling you to respond strongly and positively to anything and everything that might be thrown at you.
- THE GOLDEN RULES
- However talented you are, you can still jeopardise your chances without the right focus and attitude. We will cover all the essential “do’s and don’ts” of auditioning to ensure you are confident and assured, avoiding any easy but costly mistakes.
- WARMING UP/MANAGING NERVES
- Inevitably, you will be nervous. It’s only natural. All performers need a shot of adrenaline to do their best work. However, too often nerves get in the way and can hinder the best of us. You will learn strategies, techniques and exercises to help you manage your anxiety, so that you can channel it positively into your performance and show your full potential.
- ENSEMBLE WORK/RECALLS
- If you make it to the final round of recall auditions you will likely be set a task working with other applicants. You will be observed on abilities such as sight-reading and teamwork. You may also be given a movement task. We will give you lots of practice so you can be confident at every stage of the audition process.
- YOUR SPEECHES
- Choosing the right audition speeches is one of the most important decisions you will make. Through class work, individual tuition and particularly in the mock audition, you will get a personal and detailed sense of what works and what needs working on.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE
- Drama schools need to see how much you really want it. For example, what should you be doing in your spare time other than rehearsing speeches? The course will help you plan and manage your spare time effectively, so you are able to show off your determination and cover yourself in all the right qualities.
At the heart of the course will be your individual online – mock audition.
After working individually with our teaching staff and having had the chance to process and practice all the information and advice we have to offer, you will take part in an audition conducted as though it were the real thing. In front of our online tutors, you will receive in depth feedback on your audition technique, as well as first hand experience into what a drama school audition is really like.